Monday, December 20, 2010

Something IS better than nothing

I often tend to wonder if in my attempt to achieve perfection , am I damaging something that is ALMOST perfect???

like when you have some play-doh ( that colorful gooey stuff that u once played with as a child <3 )  & you are trying so hard to make something awesome out of it.
You maybe end up making a cute cat. However you were probably aiming to make a lion!
And in the process of turning that cute kitty into a fierce lion you damage your li'l cat model & now are nowhere near a lion :(



I know this probably comes across as too metaphorical.
What I am trying to say is that maybe " SOMETHING IS BETTER THAN NOTHING" isn't such a bad idea..
Some may argue that this outlook is not what creates genius & if you settle for little, you cannot achieve great things

Everyday life seems like a poker game... you don't know all your cards and often you are playing blind..

I guess a way out is to put on your poker face & put yourself out there....not that I mean go jump of a cliff without a damn parachute...or turn that pretty cat into a ball & restart anew (play-doh reference again!)

What I am saying is,
       Strive for your idea of perfection..but don't get reckless....Don't destroy all you have built, all the progress you have made just because the final picture does not match your initial vision!
        Appreciate your journey and be grateful of the opportunities that brought you here.

I guess I'm going to continue working on turning my little play-doh kitty into the fierce lion I am hoping for...but in the process, I am going to be happy with my achievement & try not to irreversibly damage my kitty ;p a difficult  but not entirely impossible!!!

                

No comments:

Post a Comment